Here at The Gym Venice, we offer pain management treatment sessions with our specialized MT (manual therapist) practitioners for those who need to be treated to move and function comfortably following rigorous workouts. Our manual therapists are able to address specifically the pain you may be experiencing, any discomfort, or other problem areas you may have noticed on your body so that they can treat them accordingly.
What to expect during your first pain management session
During your first pain management treatment session with a manual therapist, you can expect your MT to assess your various weak spots and areas where you experience physical pain. Following that assessment, your MT will ask you a series of questions regarding the type of pain you are having in which parts of your body, what your sleeping habits are, and a brief rundown of your medical history. Once that information has been discussed, your MT will administer various tests such as measuring your balance and posture, your walking and climbing abilities, and your overall flexibility (ability to reach, bend, grasp). The last part of your first MT treatment session will be to mutually come up with a unique treatment plan tailored to your needs in order to treat and overcome the pain you feel.
Benefits of having a manual therapist:
- Restore your mobility so that moving no longer causes you pain
- Improve motor control to increase your range of movement, making workouts easier
- Improves muscle extensibility (flexibility)
- Treat musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction
- Assists in restoring fluid motion to the affected soft tissue
- Reduces inflammation
- Increases overall blood flow in the affected area and throughout the entire body
- Relaxes tense muscles
- Can reduce the pain from exercise-related injuries
- Increases mobilization and manipulation of joints
- Improve the efficiency of your movement
- Can help individuals ease into the natural aging process while still working toward their fitness goals
- Assists in lymphatic drainage
- Can improve your sleep habits
- Can improve your overall balance and posture
- Feel more confident and relaxed when exercising
- It is a very personalized form of treatment unique to each individual’s needs and levels of pain
- Reduce overall pain on a daily basis
- Restores proper function not just to the areas treated, but to the whole body as well
- Helps make progress towards unique and individual health and fitness goals
As you can now see, pain management treatment sessions with our certified manual therapists offer many benefits and have the potential to significantly improve your quality of life, your workouts, your progress towards your fitness goals, and your overall physical well-being. From just one session with one of our manual therapists, a lot can be learned about the pain you’re experiencing, your current bodily habits, and your goals to improve.
If you have any further questions regarding our manual therapists, what our pain management treatment sessions are like, how to schedule an appointment, our pricing, or for any other general questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and we would be happy to help get you back on track with your fitness goals!